I could tell you that there is a child begging for bread in Yaounde now.
But you will shelve those words since you have heard such logic for a billion times.
I could easily tell you that money provides a mirage of fulfillment but never really brings it.
But you will give me a disdainful look and remind me that crying in a Porsche is far better than crying in a jalopy.
I could easily tell you to think of a billion things that can kill you this instant.
But I know you will 'taka-oshi-danu' by snapping your fingers at me and wonder what brand of burukutu I have taken this morning.
I could easily tell you to be patient since God's time remains the best.
But I know you will remind me of the billion dreams of yours which are kept on the waiting line due to lack of that 'big break'.
I can easily tell you to praise God even though there are no 'omo' for your 'eyin' to 'pon' (children for your back to carry)
But I know you would shun and regard me as a rambling fool who does not know how painful it is to be reminded of infertility.
I could easily tell you to thank God for that miscarriage that happened weeks ago while you were driving home happily with some of the pregnacy books you had bought.
But I know you will shed a quick tear and then tell me to shut up since I do not know what it means to harbor deadness within.
I could easily tell you to thank God for that job you have.
But I know you would laugh out loud and then tell me that you have not been paid for more than six months even though the salary is a misery 20k.
I could easily tell you to shout hallelujah even after receiving the latest job reject mail.
But I know you would call a friend close by, laugh at my words and then invite the juiciest thunder to strike my left buttock.
I could easily tell you to thank God even though you just received news of the death of someone very close to you.
But I know you would wonder if I am indeed of this planet and if I have experienced sadness before.
I could easily tell you to thank God even after being thrown into jail for a crime you never committed.
But I know you would invite me to come and have a taste of prison life and then decide if anything is worth giving thanks for.
Pain is real.
Still I would coax your soul to Bless the good Lord.
Disappointment is heart-wrenching.
Still I would remind you to seek for one reason to Bless the Lord.
Matt Redman sought for 10,000 reasons.
I urge you to seek for only one.
#Isaiah50:4
#Bashorun
SPOKEN WORD
CATEGORIES
Popular Posts
-
The day was going totally wrong. The actor was acting off-script. HIS 220 test was a disaster. Lord knew I had written on the Bantus ins...
-
Locked in a locket; Were these three words. Locked in His worth; Are these two definites. Locked in His power; Are these two attribute...
-
Sound it to the farthest regions Jesus is coming. Tell it to the doubting hearts The messiah will return On a cloud of glory With a ret...
-
welcome back
-
Hey friends. Here is the second rule in Richard Templar's bestselling book "Rules of Love". Enjoy and let's hear your c...
-
"O ye sinners. Repent for the day of the Lord draws near. You that have been carrying chukuli inside exam hall. Repent now oo. You th...
-
Down I go. On the paths of sheol again. The rewards of death; my hands regain. The wheels of the plow of righteousness; i forgot to ma...
-
Hello friends. I am sure that you are loving the Rules of Love section where we read excerpts from Richard Templars bestsellig book. H...
-
The unfathomable God whose works no man can understand in entirety. Indisputable to doubters. Irrefutable in power. Incomparable in w...
-
A Holy vessel chosen by God. Redeemed by His mighty hand from deaths claws. Living Stones. Rejected by the men of the world. For the...
Labels
Blog Archive
Powered by Blogger.